Three Hills, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1929, population 3198 (2011c), 3089 (2006c). The Town of Three Hills is located 128 km northeast of Calgary. Three Hills takes its name from 3 prominent hills to the north of the town.
Tillsonburg, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1872, population 15 301 (2011c), 14 822 (2006c). The Town of Tillsonburg is located in Oxford County, 40 km east of ST THOMAS. Founder George Tillson arrived in 1825 and opened a forge
Tisdale, Sask, incorporated as a town in 1920, population 3180 (2011c), 3000 (2006c). The Town of Tisdale is located at a railway junction, 135 km southeast of Prince Albert. Originally called Doghide after nearby Doghide Creek
Torbay, NL, incorporated as a town in 1972, population 7397 (2011c), 6281 (2006c). The Town of Torbay is located 10 km north of ST JOHN'S overlooking Torbay Bight.
Tracadie-Sheila, NB, incorporated as a town in 1992, population 4933 (2011c), 4479 (2006c). The Town of Tracadie-Sheila is situated on the Gulf of ST LAWRENCE, 83 km southeast of BATHURST.
Trenton, NS, incorporated as a town in 1911, population 2616 (2011c), 2741 (2006c). The Town of Trenton is located on the East River, immediately adjacent to New Glasgow.
Trinity, NL, incorporated as a town in 1997, population 137 (2011c), 191 (2006c). The Town of Trinity is located on TRINITY BAY in northeast Newfoundland.
Truro, Nova Scotia, incorporated as a town in 1875, population 12,261 (2016 census), 12,059 (2011 census). The Town of Truro is located along the Salmon River 100 km northeast of Halifax on Cobequid Bay, Minas Basin. The town derives its name from New England settlers and likely honours Truro in Cornwall, England.
Twillingate, NL, incorporated as a town in 1962, population 2269 (2011c), 2448 (2006c). The Town of Twillingate is located on Twillingate Islands, Notre Dame Bay in northeast Newfoundland.
Unity, Sask, incorporated as a town in 1919, population 2389 (2011c), 2147 (2006c). The Town of Unity is located in west-central Saskatchewan 70 km southwest of North Battleford. Settlement in the area commenced in 1904 and the
Upper Island Cove
Upper Island Cove, NL, incorporated as a town in 1965, population 1594 (2011c), 1667 (2006c). The Town of Upper Island Cove was created when two communities (Upper Island Cove and Spoon Cove) amalgamated. The town is located north of SPANIARD'S BAY on the northwest side of CONCEPTION BAY.
The town was originally made up of 2 separate municipalities. The first, Bourlamaque, founded in 1934 by the Lamaque Mining Co, was a company town for many years. The other, Val-d'Or, was incorporated as a village in 1935 and a town 2 years later, and began as a bustling gold-rush town.
Val-des-Sources (formerly Asbestos), Quebec, incorporated as a village in 1899 and as a town in 1937, population 6,786 (2016 census), 7,096 (2011 census). The town of Val-des-Sources is located in the Eastern Townships region, 53 km north of Sherbrooke and 58 km southeast of Drummondville. Originally called Asbestos, the town was named after the mineral mined there from 1881 to 2011. During that time, Asbestos produced much of the world’s supply of the asbestos mineral, which is now banned in many countries because of its negative health effects. Asbestos was renamed Val-des-Sources in December 2020. Val-des-Sources is located on ancestral Abenaki lands. The land is unceded and is considered Indigenous territory.
Vermilion, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1906, population 3930 (2011c), 4036 (2006c). The Town of Vermilion is located on the Vermilion River 190 km east of Edmonton.
Victoria, NL, incorporated as a town in 1971, population 1764 (2011c), 1769 (2006c). The Town of Victoria is located near CARBONEAR on the road between Carbonear and HEART'S CONTENT.
View Royal, BC, incorporated as a town in 1988, population 9381 (2011c), 8768 (2006c). The Town of View Royal is located on the Esquimalt Peninsula, five kilometres west of the city of VICTORIA and bordering on Esquimalt Harbour.
After 1885 settlement of the land around the lake by families from the older regions of Québec led to the establishment of Ville-Marie. The name dates from 1896 and honours the patron of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, indicating the Oblates' role in the development of the region.
Virden, Manitoba, incorporated as a town in 1904, population 3114 (2011c), 3010 (2006c). The Town of Virden is located 278 km west of Winnipeg on the Trans-Canada Highway.