Browse "Towns"

Displaying 41-60 of 379 results
Article

Bradford West Gwillimbury

Bradford West Gwillimbury, Ontario, incorporated as a town in 1991, population 35,325 (2016 census), 28,077 (2011 census). The town of Bradford West Gwillimbury consists of the former town of Bradford (incorporated in 1960), most of the lands of the former township of West Gwillimbury, and a small portion of land from the township of Tecumseth. The town is located about 60 km north of downtown Toronto.

Article

Bridgewater

Bridgewater, NS, incorporated as a town in1899, population 8241 (2011c), 7944 (2006c). The Town of Bridgewater is located at the head of navigation on the LaHave River, 16 km from its mouth.

Article

Burgeo

Burgeo, NL, incorporated as a town in 1950, population 1464 (2011c), 1607 (2006c).

Article

Burin

Burin, NL, incorporated as a town in 1950, population 2424 (2011c), 2483 (2006c). The Town of Burin is located along a protected inlet of Placentia Bay on the southeast coast of the Burin Peninsula.

Article

Caledon

Caledon, Ontario, incorporated as a town in 1974, population 59 460 (2011c), 57 050 (2006c). The Town of Caledon is located 15 km northwest of Toronto.

Article

Candiac

The Candiac Development Corporation (now Developpements urbain Candiac), a group of Canadian and European investors, owned utilized farmland in the parishes of Saint-Constant, Delson, Saint-Philippe and the town of LA PRAIRIE.

Article

Canmore

Canmore, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1966, population 12 288 (2011c), 12 039 (2006c). The Town of Canmore is located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, five km east of BANFF NATIONAL PARK.

Article

Canora

Canora, Sask, incorporated as a town in 1910, population 2219 (2011c), 2013 (2006c). The Town of Canora is located 50 km north of Yorkton. The community was a creation of the CANADIAN NORTHERN RAILWAY which laid steel through the

Article

Canso

Canso, NS, incorporated as a town in 1901, population 806 (2011c), 911 (2006c). The Town of Canso is located on Chedabucto Bay, on the northeastern shore of mainland Nova Scotia.

Article

Carberry

Carberry's major economic activity was agriculture. However, it has also became well known for the natural areas close by, especially Spruce Woods Provincial Park and Forest.

Article

Carbonear

Carbonear, NL, incorporated as a town in 1948, population 4739 (2011c), 4723 (2006c). The Town of Carbonear is located on the west shore of Conception Bay and is one of the oldest settlements in Newfoundland and Labrador.

Article

Cardston

Cardston, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1901, population 3580 (2011c), 3452 (2006c). The Town of Cardston is located 75 km southwest of LETHBRIDGE.

Article

Carleton Place

Carleton Place, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1890, population 9809 (2011c), 9453 (2006c). The Town of Carleton Place, located on the Mississippi River, 45 km southwest of OTTAWA.

Article

Carman

Carman, Manitoba, incorporated as a town in 1905, population 3027 (2011c), 2781 (2006c). The Town of Carman, located 80 km southwest of WINNIPEG on the Boyne River in the Pembina Triangle, is one of the most prosperous agricultural districts in Manitoba.

Article

Cartwright

Cartwright, NL, incorporated as a town in 1997, population 516 (2011c), 552 (2006c). The Town of Cartwright is located at the mouth of Sandwich Bay on the south coast of Labrador.

Article

Chapleau

Chapleau, Ont, incorporated as a township of Sudbury District in 1901, population 2116 (2011c), 2354 (2006c). The Township of Chapleau is located on the Kebsquasheshing River (also known as the Chapleau River) in northeastern Ontario, 272 km northwest of GREATER SUDBURY.

Article

Chatham (NB)

Chatham, NB, was a town from 1896 to 1995 when it then became part of the newly incorporated city of MIRAMICHI. Chatham is located near the mouth of the MIRAMICHI RIVER.

Article

Chibougamau

EconomyChibougamau has gold and silver as well as copper. Forestry (cutting and sawmill operations) and commercial activities are also important. The town takes advantage of its northern location each year by organizing a "Folies frettes" festival and an international snowmobiling rally.

Article

Churchill

Churchill, MB, incorporated as a town in 1997, population 899 (2016 census), 813 (2011 census). The town of Churchill is located at the mouth of the Churchill River on the southwest shore of Hudson Bay. The river was named for Lord Churchill (later the first Duke of Marlborough).

Article

Clarenville

Clarenville, NL, incorporated as a town in 1951, population 6036 (2011c), 5274 (2006c). The Town of Clarenville is situated in a long, picturesque arm facing RANDOM ISLAND on the west side of TRINITY BAY.